Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below, or use the link to download (right-click to save) or to listen using your system's media player. On mobile devices simply click the Download this Audio File link below and your devices player will automatically play the file.
Listen to this podcast right now.
Format: mp3 • Length: 4:46 • Filesize: 7449842
You’re not surprised to read that IT decision makers are prevalent in the industry. But did you know that, now, in 2019, it’s pretty dramatic? When we asked integrators who their typical decision maker is, about 35 percent answered “IT manager” (according to our State of the Industry research).
On Episode 43 of AV+…
- Chuck Wilson of National Systems Contractors Association explains why integrators need to do a better job of marketing themselves to IT folks and how they might go about that
- We run through the numbers to see just how many AV integrators report that IT decision makers are their primary point of contact
Stories Mentioned in this Episode
- State of the Industry 2019: Your Impending Pro AV Profit Problems
- 4 Ways Your Firm Doesn’t ‘Speak IT’ Well Enough and How to Find Fluency
- 4 Ways Integrators Can Earn IT Directors’ Trust
- Win Over Your Customer’s IT Director with These 17 Tips
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The phrase ‘pro AV’ doesn’t do justice to all of the integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a podcast that speaks to all of those areas (and more!) under the umbrella of commercial tech integration.
The host, web editor Adam Forziati, has a background in radio and is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative audio forum for all topics affecting the industry.
Podcast Release Schedule
We plan to release a shorter, single-topic episode once every week or two on Fridays (just like this episode). But at the end of each month, we’ll also drop a longer, in-depth episode of the AV podcast with features like Editor’s Desk, CI Monthly News Spotlight, CI’s Project of the Month, and more.
We hope you’ll share your thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #AVPlusPod !