Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below.
Welcome to the AV+ Podcast for the week of January 21, 2022! This is your weekly source for in-depth interviews about the integration industry and the issues that integrators face.
On this episode of AV+:
On this week’s Commercial Integrator AV+ Podcast, Dan Ferrisi, host and editor-in-chief of CI, welcomes Dan Maloney, technical marketing manager, and Ron Berty, business development manager, both of Matrox Video. The trio discuss the convergence of the commercial and broadcast markets, as well as the trend toward open standards and, in particular, the ascendance of IPMX.
Stories of the Week:
- State of the AV Industry 2022: The Bounce Back
- Gartner: Software, IT Services Will Drive IT Spending To $4.5 Trillion In 2022
- How Your Videoconferencing Habits Have Changed Since March 2020
- Johnson Controls Unveils Industry-First OpenBlue Indoor Air Quality as a Service
- Nanolumens Offers NanoDesigner Tool for AEC and Design Community
- CP Communications Releases Cloud-Based Solutions for Live Productions
- ISE 2022 Rescheduled for May 2022 & CI Exclusive Interview: ISE’s Blackman, AVIXA’s Labuskes Discuss ISE Postponement
- NSCA Accepting Applications for 2022 Excellence in Business Awards
Here’s what’s happening around Commercial Integrator this week:
- Missed the State of the Industry webinar on webinar on Jan. 19? Watch the recording here. Tom LeBlanc, executive director of NSCA, and Christine DeBono, president of ClearTech discuss the state of the AV industry, revenue trends, project quantities and sizes, the shift to services, IT/AV convergence and much more. Don’t have time to watch the webinar? Download The Bounce Back: CI’s State of the Industry Study
- With return-to-work plans evolving and the hybrid workplace here to stay, meeting solutions must deliver positive outcomes that reduce the burden on the already overworked IT department. Join us for a live demo of AVI-SPL Symphony platform on Feb 10 for administering, monitoring, controlling and analyzing your multi-vendor AV, UC and meeting environments to keep your teams connected
- Have you just completed installation of a sleek new digital signage network for your customer? Have you implemented a huge videowall that just exudes “wow” factor? If so, we want to hear from you! Take this quick survey.
- Manufacturers now have until March 1, 2022 to submit all entries into the Top New Technology (TNT) Awards. The program offers the greatest worldwide exposure at the greatest value for manufacturers exhibiting new products or services at the 2022 Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) show in Barcelona, Spain, May 10-13.
The Commercial Integrator Podcast
The term “pro AV” doesn’t do justice to the whole integration crowd, so we at Commercial Integrator wanted to create a pro AV podcast that speaks to all the areas (and there are many!) under the umbrella of commercial technology integration.
The host, editor-in-chief Dan Ferrisi, is looking forward to providing listeners with an entertaining, informative forum for all topics affecting the commercial AV industry.